Saturday, 22 January 2011
I finished the cabinet today, and it looks pretty nice!
After the five coats of lacquer, I needed to drill a couple of holes which will eventually be used to mount the chassis. I had been wondering about how to find the right place to put the holes, as I only had one chance to get this right, and there wasn't much room for error.
Luckily I found a template online that I could print out and place over the cabinet to indicate where to drill. I was also able to borrow an electric drill from someone at the office.
After a glass of beer I had enough courage to give it a go. The holes went in cleanly, and in exactly the right place. Phew!
I put all the hardware back on (feet and handle), and then added the Marsh logo plate on the front.
Now back to the electricals and the chassis...
Posted by knucklewalker at 07:12